Sunday 22 January 2012

Middleworld

Today I want to talk about a book I recently read called Middleworld. This book is about Max Murphy, a fourteen year old from Boston, who gets some bad news from his archaeologist parents that he thinks will ruin his summer: They have to go to a dig in central America. But when his mysterious nanny/maid Zia gives him a plane ticket to join his parents, he quickly finds out that his parents have gone missing.

With the help of Lola - a young, smart, modern Mayan girl - they embark on a quest to find his parents. Their quest results in an epic adventure that takes them from Mayan pyramids to the jungle, while fighting alongside two Mayan royal spirits living in monkey bodies, all the while fighting against the evil, insane, Spanish count, Antonio De Landa. Phew!And that's only half of the book.

I give this book a 9 and a half out of ten, for its amazing plot and story line. I know this is a crazy high rating on my first review, but I promise you'll be hooked 5 pages into this book.

Genre: Action, Mystery

I think this book is more suited for readers 9-12, because anyone younger would probably get lost in the complicated story line.

To find out more, please visit: www.jaguarstones.com

More in this series: Jaguar Stones Book 2:The End Of The World Club


Available at Chapters,Indigo,Coles,and Barnes and Noble.

3 comments: